Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A POEM FOR ME FROM JESSICA

To Gaga, a poem about your fire.

When I am an old woman I shall wear red
With fantastic jewelry
And painted pink toes
I will drive too fast
Grow beautiful gardens of flowers and herbs
I will drink bottles of wine
Eat fine cheese and nuts and fruit
I will have a family that adores me
And an array of lovely friends,
artists and priests, chefs and writers, teachers and scholars, mothers, fathers, daughters, sons, old, young, here, there…
I will read books and write books
I will learn, I will go to school
And make art, take photos
I will give great hugs.
I will go to dinners,
I will cook,
And have parties
And sing and dance and travel
I will be wise, and have grey hair
And glasses and
Beautiful wrinkled hands.

When I am an old woman I will wear red, and black and gold and white and perhaps purple too,
When I am old I will be me.


I love all that you are.
Thank you for being born.

Happy Birthday.

Love, Jess

No comments: